What will the tidy tips accept?
Our Household Waste Recycling Centres (tidy tips) accept:
- glass bottles and jars
- cardboard (including corrugated cardboard)
- green garden waste
- newspaper and paper
- aluminium cans
- scrap metal
- electrical applicances
- TVs, computer equipment etc. (please ensure all personal data is removed from items such as PCs, laptops, smart TVs, mobile phones, tablets and sat navs)
- white electrical goods
- household furniture (beds, mattresses, wardrobes, chest of drawers, etc.)
- car and household batteries
- light bulbs
- used engine and cooking oil
- gas cylinders
- fridges and freezers (you will need a waste permit for this *)
- tyres (you will need a waste permit for these **)
- mixed recycling
* Restricted to one of each within a 12 month period.
** Restricted to two tyres within a 12 month period.
If you have an item for disposal that you are not sure will be accepted, check by calling Customer Services on 0300 300 8302.
If you have large / bulky items, which are too difficult to get to the tip, then you can arrange a bulky waste collection. We can also collect fridges and freezers. There are charges for these collections.