How to use your kitchen caddy
Residents in the north (PDF 2.3MB) of Central Bedfordshire are provided with a small 7 litre brown kitchen caddy and larger 23 litre brown collection container for their food waste.
We collect food waste weekly on the same day as your other waste collections; just follow these 2 steps:
- line your small kitchen caddy with the polythene food waste bags provided. Please DO NOT use any other type of carrier bags. If you run out of the polythene food waste bags please wrap any food waste inside newspaper
- when it is full, tie the bag and put it into your larger, outside, 23 litre food waste caddy
The outside food bins have lockable lids, which will keep flies out and help deter rats, foxes and squirrels!
Reorder polythene food waste bags
If you require more polythene food waste bags please attach the request tag found at the end of the current roll onto your caddy or call us on 0300 300 8302.
What goes in your brown food waste caddy?
- meat and fish - raw and cooked (including small bones)
- raw and cooked vegetables and fruit (including peelings)
- all dairy products such as cheese
- eggs (including shells)
- bread, pastries and cakes
- pasta, rice and beans
- teabags and coffee grounds
- uneaten leftovers from dishes and plates (including fish and poultry bones)
- out-of-date food
What cannot go in your brown food waste caddy?
- plastic bag or wrapping
- plastic or polystyrene pots or trays
- tin foil or food containers
- cardboard packaging
- liquids like cooking oil or juice
- large meat bones
- garden waste
- glass or china
- pet mess, litter or bedding
Order food waste bags, garden waste sacks or a bin
You can now order replacement food waste bags and garden waste sacks online.
If your waste bin is lost or damaged please telephone 0300 300 8302 or email email@example.com to request a new one.