Bulky waste - what can or cannot be collected?
Bulky waste - what we can collect
We can collect up to 12 items at any one time, including:
- beds - bed base, cot, duvet, headboard, mattress or sofa beds
- bins - old metal or plastic bins, including old compost bins
- children's play equipment - this needs to be dismantled beforehand e.g. large toys or outdoor trampoline
- carpets or rugs
- computers - base unit, monitor, printer or scanner
- electrical items - general appliance, DVD player, games console, lamp, power tool, music centre, portable heater, sewing machine, speaker, sunbed, television, vacuum cleaner or video player
- furniture - curtain pole / rail, desk, free standing items, garden furniture, sofa, table, television stand or wardrobe
- kitchen items - cooker, dishwasher, microwave, tumble dryer or washing machine
- outdoor - dog kennel, rabbit hutch or wheelbarrow
- glass doors from wardrobes (wrapped and clearly marked as glass. Glass which is broken or has sharp edges cannot be collected)
- mirrors (wrapped and clearly marked as glass. Glass which is broken or has sharp edges cannot be collected)
- other items - exercise machine*, pram / pushchair, shower screen (plastic), suitcase, typewriter or wheelchair
Due to the collection vehicle size, please ensure no items are over 6 feet in height or width.
*Please check that this item can be easily lifted and is not an excessive weight.
What cannot be collected?
We cannot collect:
- asbestos and chemicals
- builders' waste, e.g. radiators, boilers, gas / oil heaters or fires
- car parts including tyres, batteries and gas bottles
- DIY waste including bricks, broken concrete, soil, stones and loose rubble
- domestic waste including bags / boxes of waste, paint or paint tins
- garden refuse including garden sheds, fencing or greenhouses
- large household items including any glass, mirrors, old windows (apart from those listed above) and garage doors
- large sheets of cardboard