Determined admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools for 2017
The Council is the admissions authority for all Community and Voluntary controlled schools which means that it is responsible for admissions to the school. Part of this responsibility includes consulting with relevant parties where changes are proposed and determining the admission arrangements for Community and Voluntary Controlled schools each year.
Following approval by Executive delegated decision the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools (PDF 37.2KB) have been determined.
Please note the following changes:
- Houghton Regis Primary has an extended catchment area in operation for admissions in 2017 – see catchment map here (PDF 713.6KB)
- removal of the feeder school criterion at Leighton Middle School which prioritises children who have spent a significant time (3 years or more) in a Leighton Buzzard/Linslade/Hockcliffe school, i.e. Beaudesert, Clipstone Brook, Dovery Down, Greenleas, Heathwood, Leedon, Linslade, Mary Bassett, Pulfords, Southcott, St. George’s, St. Leonard’s, Stanbridge and Hockcliffe Lower Schools. This is currently the penultimate criterion before distance.
The coordinated schemes for admission in the academic year 2017/18 have been determined as follows:
- Coordinated scheme for admission to lower, primary and middle schools/academies 2017/18 (PDF 63.7KB)
- Coordinated scheme for admission to secondary, upper and UTC schools/academies 2017/18 (PDF 58.5KB)
- The confirmation of religious affiliation form for admission in the academic year 2017/18 has been determined (PDF 21KB)