About the adult learning service
About our service
The Bedfordshire Employment and Skills Service (BESS) provides opportunities for adults to get involved in learning within the community. In particular, we aim to work with people who have not achieved a level 2 (or equivalent) qualification and/or are unemployed.
The BESS adult learning programme can help you:
- get back into learning
- gain skills and qualifications to help you into work
- gain skills and qualifications to help you progress at work
Download our data protection and privacy statement (PDF 438.2KB)
What you can expect from us
Our service aims to provide:
- good quality, inspiring learning
- an inclusive and welcoming environment
- openness, honesty, integrity and trust
- respecting and valuing each other
- clear and effective communication
- co-operating and sharing ideas
- building skills for further learning and work
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to feed back about any aspects.
Courses and workshops
Courses are delivered by our in-house team of tutors as well as a number of other training providers including:
- Be Positive
- BTAC (Bedford Training and Assessment Centre)
- Disability Resource Centre
- Impact Mental Health
- NOAH Enterprise
- SSG Services
Contact us about joining a course, finding a course that meets your needs or for support into email@example.com
One to one support with learning and work
Find out how we can support you into work though confidential and impartial one to one support. Our National Careers Service team can help you with learning, training and work.
Telephone: 0300 300 8110
The funding used to support our adult learning comes from the Education and Skills Funding Agency which procures and manages training activity, match funded by European Social Funds.