Tenants: report a repair on your privately rented home
Please note: this service is for tenants who are renting from a landlord who participates in our lettings service scheme. If you're not sure if this applies to you, please check with your landlord.
It's important for tenants to report any repair within the property during their tenancy. The main reason for this is to prevent any further damage from the issue. Something that may seem to be a small issue could turn out to be a larger problem which could be very expensive for the landlord.
As the lettings service operates on behalf of landlords, our reporting system needs to be followed to avoid any confusion with social tenants living within properties owned by us.
How do I report an issue?
As soon as you notice an issue, please follow these simple steps to report it:
- view our private lettings repair responsibilities (PDF 605.9KB) to check that the repair is your landlord's responsibility
- if it is your landlord's responsibility, you can report the repair (link opens in new window) and also use our mobile app (download details below)
- as long as you have push notifications enabled, we will alert you through the mobile app to arrange a visit either to inspect or to repair. If not, please regularly check the timeline in the app
Emergency and out of hours
Call 0300 300 8600 for emergency issues. If you call outside office hours, at weekends and during national holidays, your call will be diverted to our out of hours service.
This service is for emergency or health and safety repairs only. You should report all other repairs using the reporting system above.
Out of hours are:
- Monday to Thursday 5:30pm to 8:30am
- Friday 4:30pm to 8:30am the following Monday