Day opportunities for older people
There is eligibility criteria and an assessment will be required to use this service. Please contact our customer service centre on 0300 300 8303 for further information.
We have five day centres for older people:
Ampthill Day Centre
Telephone: 0300 300 8180
Leighton Buzzard Day Centre
Telephone: 0300 300 8330
Biggleswade Day Centre
Telephone: 0300 300 8298
Houghton Regis Day Centre
12 Parkside Drive
Telephone: 0300 300 8283
View disabled access information (link opens in new window)
Priory View Day Opportunities
Telephone: 0300 300 8165
Our day centres have:
- fully trained staff
- expertise in managing physical and mental disability
- opportunities to take part in a wide range of activities
- facilities that enable a range of personal care to be offered i.e. hairdressing, bathing, etc.
- the opportunity for carers to have a break
- a place to maintain your skills
- a safe, protective environment where you can be supported in regaining confidence
Transport may be provided to get you to the day centres.
You may have to pay towards the cost of attending the day centres, but this will depend on your financial circumstances.
There is also a small charge for meals.