How to get involved in council decisions - make your voice heard

Councillors on outside bodies

Outside bodies are organisations which are independent from us, but have an impact on our services or help us to fulfil our responsibilities or improve community life in Central Bedfordshire. For us to maintain effective partnerships with a number of these bodies, representatives of the council, usually elected councillors, sit on the various committees and forums that are responsible for them.

The Full Council is responsible for appointments to outside bodies although our monitoring officer, in consultation with Senior Council Members can appoint Members throughout the year. You can view guidance on the role of outside bodies (PDF 105.9KB) and a full list of our current outside bodies (link opens in new window), where you can also find the contact details for that particular outside body.

Contact us

If you have any queries about nominations, please contact us.

Telephone: 0300 300 4034

Back to the top