Have you ever thought about becoming a councillor and being the voice for your community?
If you’ve ever thought that you would like to represent the interests of your local community and help shape decisions on the services where you live or work, then standing as a local councillor is a great way to make a difference.
To help you decide if this is for you, we are running an informal event to give potential candidates the opportunity to hear first-hand from Central Bedfordshire councillors more about their work and responsibilities and how they affect change.
When: Monday 14 January, 6pm to 7:30pm
Central Bedfordshire Council
At the event:
- find out what’s involved in being a councillor
- hear first-hand from councillors and officers
- meet the Council Leader and Chief Executive
- find out about the nomination process
- your opportunity to ask questions