About the service
This is a statutory service, working at arm’s length from the authority and offers a free confidential support service for parents and carers of children with special educational needs.
What we do
We offer a range of services:
- free, confidential and impartial information relating to your child’s special educational needs
- drop-in sessions for parents and carers about the services available in Bedfordshire
- print regular newsletters to provide help and advice
- trained independent volunteers that may be able to support at a meeting with either the school or local authority
- provide information regarding parents’ rights and responsibilities, and who you can talk to about your child
How do we do this?
We do this by:
- inviting you to one of our information sessions for parents and carers if you or your school has asked for a statutory assessment
- providing support for parents / carers in meetings with schools and the local authority
- providing advice about how to get your child’s special educational needs assessed
- offer a telephone helpline
- providing a range of leaflets on different aspects of special educational needs
- providing contact details of voluntary organisations and support groups
- helping with filling in forms and writing letters
- helping with reading through and understanding reports
Visit our Facebook page (link opens in new window) or follow us on Twitter (link opens in new window) for more information about our services.