I would like to adopt
We welcome everyone who has an interest in adopting and offer a telephone enquiry service from 9am to 5pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
You can reach our Duty Social Worker on 0300 300 8090.
If you would like us to contact you can request a call back by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to adopt you will need to be over 21 years and be a safe person. Our children need families who will:
- consider adopting siblings
- consider children up to 8 years old
- celebrate and support their heritage
- support their additional health needs
You don’t have to be a British Citizen to adopt a child, but:
- you (or your partner, if you are a couple) must have a fixed and permanent home in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- you (and your partner, if you are a couple) must have lived in the UK for at least 1 year before you begin the application process
You can find further information in our information booklet Adoption in Central Bedfordshire (PDF 2.5MB) .
You can also register your interest (link opens in new window) online.
For further information and to talk to the Adoption Team, give us a call on 0300 300 8090 or email us at email@example.com.