A strategy for success in Dunstable
Published in March 2011, the Dunstable Masterplan is a flexible strategy developed over three years which sought to unlock the town's transport challenges, attract employment and prosperity and breathe new life into Dunstable, restoring its character as a traditional market town.
Developed with input from key landowners, local residents and businesses, it set out a vision for Dunstable's town centre and development objectives, outlining key principles to promote renewal, redevelopment and improvement of the town centre.
We have been working to implement the initiative outlined in this strategy and achieve the vision for Dunstable.
It included a number of proposals, such as:
- the redevelopment of the town centre with a mix of retail, office, leisure, residential and community facilities
- building a new medical centre
- improving connections to different parts of the town
- improving access to the town centre by public transport
- improving walking and cycling routes
You can download the final Dunstable Town Centre Masterplan documents: